Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Holidays i like

Wiki says that the word holiday originates from the phrase Holy Day, a day of special religiosity.
A holiday for me does bear a special religious significance, but that's because a large part of me, lives only for my next break. I like my holidays spectacular, i like my holidays to be so far removed from the normal humdrum of being, that when i look back at them I feel a quite sense of pride,accomplishment and some misplaced glory.
Glorious holidays motivate one to soldier on.
I sometimes keep a screen saver of where i want to go next. Whenever, i tear my hair or gnash my teeth and the phrase 'Why God Why' dances on the roof of my skull with tantric fervour, my screen saver serves up an answer.
Someone had said that the best things in life are not really things , they are rare and beautiful nothings. That certain someone must have been smitten by a random sunrise , sunset , bird call or an insect getting some action on a particularly green leaf.
Unfortunately while i am on the best of terms with God's Blue earth, i like my pillows fluffy, and room service, thank you very much!
When do you enjoy the rain, most?
When your at home with your feet up, sipping a cup of tea or
When you are waddling through drain waters, trying to bribe public transport to on board you.
Similarly
i enjoy trekking across mountains only if it's followed by a massage at a mountain spa.
I love drinking chai from the dhaba , as long as i get my 3 squares with embroidered napkins and a dash of silver wear
I love ancient rocks , as long as it form the wall of the unique heritage hotel at which i am staying .
I love citizens from all over the world , as long as they are behind the counter , look like their promised travel catalogue pictures, don't steal my passport or make random conversation or obscene gestures at me.
And of course i love my fellow companions, as long as they agree or simply fall in line with the above expressed points of view.
I do want to see the world, but i don't want to see it in a grain of sand , a cracked tea cup or a Patel tour.
Is the good Lord listening? Request : I dont want to hitchhike across the galaxy, i dont want to understand the zen of motorcycle maintainance , but i do want money money money, because it's rich man's world.

2 comments:

Mr. T. Sparrow said...

I can't promise half the stuff you wish for such hotel balcony view of high rocky hills. But I do think that your next holiday should involve visiting with me. I can promise you Chicken Tikka Masala - I learnt how to make it watching Gordon Ramsay's video on youtube. It would make you proud.

Mr. T. Sparrow said...

P.S. It's me, Namrata. Mr. T Sparrow is my blog narrator's name.